Reception at the International Airport of San Pedro Sula (Ramon Villeda Morales) and transfer to Copán Ruins. Overnight in Copan
Breakfast and transfer to the Main Archaeological Site, the Acropolis, the Ball Court, the Hieroglyphic Stairway and the Great Plaza of the Stelae; as well as the Museum of Mayan Sculpture, acclaimed by experts as unique in the Mayan World. A masterpiece within the museum is the exact size replica of the famed Rosalila Temple, discovered in 1989. In the afternoon, you will have the choice between two tours:
1) Hacienda San Lucas this restored 100 year old farmhouse you will relax enjoying some breathtaking lovely views of town and the valley while enjoying a refreshing cold beverage or a savory cup of Honduran coffee you will take a horse back riding or hiking where you will visit the small archaeological site known as Los Sapos.
2) Macaw Mountain Bird Park, is an innovative tropical bird reserve in Copán Ruins that cares for rescued and endangered birds of the American tropics. It offers a first class experience in an unspoiled part of the world. Here you learn about and interact with the intelligent, colorful birds of Central America. Overnight in Copán.
Breakfast and departure to Tela. On the way, you will stop at Finca Santa Isabel for the Copan Coffee Tour. Here you will hike downhill through nice trails and see with your own eyes the process of growing, harvesting and roasting coffee, the traditional shaded grown way, from the plant nursery to the last processing of the coffee beans. You will have lunch at a nice venue within the forest, close to a small waterfall. After lunch, transfer to Tela. Overnight at Tela.
After Breakfast, we will transfer to Punta Sal, Jeannette Kawas is a fantastic park in Tela accessible only by water. It is a unique reserve with abundant bird life, which is divided into two basic areas: The Península and the Lagoon of Los Micos. The Península is home to a tropical rain forest, and is inhabited by various interesting animals, the most visible of which is the howler monkey. You will go on board of a motorboat which will take you to the Jeannette Kawas National Park. En route, with some luck you will see some dolphins. You will cross the Península by feet during a 25 minutes hike over flat land to arrive at the very secluded cove of Puerto Escondido, reputed to have been a pirate hang out, where you will aboard the boat back. En route, you may see different birds and with luck, some of the noisy howler monkeys, which inhabit the area. Lunch will be served at a pretty beach. At the end of the tour we will transfer to La Ceiba. Overnight at La Ceiba.
After breakfast you will have the choice between three tours:
1) Cangrejal Whitewater Rafting, Some of the best white water rafting in Central America can be done right here in La Ceiba. The Cangrejal River offers class II, III and IV rapids, all within a short 45 minutes distance from downtown La Ceiba. With lot’s of drops, waterfalls, and narrow passages.
2) Pico Bonito National Park, Unquestionably one of the most diverse parks in Honduras, Pico Bonito covers an extension of land that goes from sea level to as high as 2,378 meters and in effect boasts the largest change of altitude in Honduras.
3) Cuero y Salado Wildlife Refuge, this wildlife refuge is especially dedicated to the preservation of the habitat for the endangered manatee. The park protects about 35 species of animals, including manatees, jaguars, jabirus, whiteface monkeys and other species of monkeys, as well as alligators and a great diversity of fish species. In the afternoon we will transfer to Roatan Island by ferry boat. Overnight at Roatan.
These days you will have free time to enjoy the different activities the Island offers. Roatan is the largest and most developed of the three islands of the Bay Islands, where you can enjoy one of the best dive sites in the Caribbean. The mountainous terrain of Roatan, in addition to the white sand beaches, turquoise waters, rich marine life is awesome, sports activities, theme parks and museums and cruise ship docks. Roatan is best to concentrate on the Caribbean, paradise where summer never ends. Overnights at Roatan
Transfer to the airport to take flight back to your country.